Markets & Events
Upcoming for 2022-2023
Sustainable Clothes Swap at the (New Location!) Adelaide Sustainability Centre
Swapping your clothing is one antidote to fast fashion as it promotes the reduction, reuse, and recycling of clothing!
Large organizations often end up discarding most of their clothing donations into landfill, but at Sustainable Clothing Co nothing goes to waste...
This December we have partnered with the Adelaide Sustainability Centre and invite you to come and swap your clothing at a new location – The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide CBD. The Joinery community is connected by a love for nature and sustainable living, and a desire to lead positive change.
How It Works: Simply gather a minimum of 5 pieces of clothing which are in good, wearable condition (the more you bring along the better!) with $5 for entry into the Big Blue Shed at 230-232 Flinders Street, between 11am-5pm, and pick up some new-to-you clothing to take home!
When: Saturday the 3rd of December, 2022
Where: The Joinery (https://www.thejoinery.org.au/) 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide CBD
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2013523225518266
Vegan Picnic - Let's Graze!
Adelaide’s world-class vegan food scene plays host to a one-day food festival right in the heart of the city. Vegan Picnic is a smaller, food focussed event for the ever growing vegan and vegan-curious community to celebrate & enjoy delectable local vegan food and drink from some of our favourite food trucks & retail outlets.
Scheduled to be held
When: Sunday 11 December 2022
Where: at the gorgeous, tree-filled Rundle Park/Kadlitpina, East Terrace, Adelaide CBD
Event Link: https://fb.me/e/2fpFsMjd2
Heaps Good Festival
Adelaide, set your new year right with some of the best acts from the Falls line up including The Arctic Monkeys, Peggy Gou, CHVRCHES, Jamie xx, Ocean Alley, Spacey Jane, Pink Pantheress, Young Franco, King Stingray, Peach PRC, Ebony Boadu + more to be announced!
When: Friday the 6th of January, 2023
Where: Adelaide Showgrounds
Event Link: https://fb.me/e/33lVhlP2E
Past Markets and Events
- Froth & Fury Fest at Pirate Life Brewery
- Slow Fashion September, 2021 and 2022
- Spin Off Festival, Adelaide Showgrounds 2020 and 2022
- Creative Flow at Arthur Artbar 2021 and The Joinery 2022 - Local band headliner Death by Carrot, along with live art, poetry reading and fashion
- Vegan Festival Adelaide, Fashion Show & Sustainability talk 2020 & 2021
- Laneway Festival 2020
- HELLOiM Apparel Launch night
- Sustainable Streetwear Fashion Show and Sustainability talk at Styled Market
- Sustainable Christmas Pop-Up Market in store
- Clothes Swap #1 and #2 at Sustainable Clothing Co (34B Hindley Street, Adelaide), #3-13 at the Big Blue Shed (230 Flinders street, Adelaide)
- Mixed Spice 1st Birthday Street Party & Art Battle Extravaganza
- Creative Lifestyle Market
- Styled 'Vintage & Designer' Market
- WTF is Ethical Fashion? Sustainable Clothing Co. launch party: October 20th 2018
- Retro & Modern POP-UP Shop: September 2017-March 2018
- Fanny Adams Christmas Market
- Mixed Spice Creative Studio Clothes Swap 1 & 2
- TEO Magazine Launch
- Norwood Fashion Festival
- Round She Goes, Adelaide City and Western suburbs
- Gilles Street Market, Adelaide City
- Labels Style Markets, Morphettville and Plant 4, Bowden
- The Garden of Unearthly Delights, part of the Adelaide Fringe Festival
- ECLECTIKA ..! A Music & Arts Event
- WILD STYLE at Ancient World
- A Boutique Life, Blackwood
- Karma & Crow Creative, Richmond
- Upmarket Unley
- Henley Square Market
- Glenelg Sunset Market
- Ebenezer Night Market
- City East Markets, Flinders Street
- Boutique Fashion Show (Part of the 2014 Adelaide Fashion Festival)
- National Retail Association Awards Night